So....not quite what I had imagined but the damage is done and now we'll wait for insurance people! The first photo is the before photo I took after our fences started falling, then there is the after and then there is the two trees down.
Our gutter is broken by our sliding glass door. The three of us were standing/sitting by our sliding glass door as our huge tree came right at us and stopped right at the door. Cate was so scared after that and I could hardly calm her down. She thought the other two trees were going to fall on our house and kill us. So we put a call in to our trusty Dad's and they were over pretty quick with chain saws and even "Timbered" the second tree that was threatening to come down. I recorded it for posterity...actually I was hoping something funny would happen and I could send it to America's Funniest Home Videos...but it was perfectly executed--darn it!
Neither of our neighbors are home so that will be a nice treat when they do get home! We'll all be more friendly now that we can see into each others yards. No more walking around in underwear!

2 comments:
That's pretty cool that you have a before and after picture. I can't believe you were right at the window when it happened. Poor Cate's gonna need therapy. I am glad you are all safe and there is no house damage. Good luck with the claim's adjusters!!!
I would say, that which did not kill the tree- will make it stronger, but it looks like it's headed for the log pile now...no sense in being positive- it's OVER!!!
Post a Comment