Friday, January 4, 2008

Wii had a great holiday season!


So our Christmas was good. I got the flu two days before Christmas so we had to cut our Tahoe trip a bit short but Cate still got to build her snowman. Why no pictures? Because Ryan broke our camera while out playing in the snow on Christmas Eve. We were able to borrow a camera from Ryan's grandparents, which was good because Diane's camera stopped working as well!
Cate was an angel for the Christmas Eve nativity play. Kian was in a foul mood pretty much the whole trip so he didn't participate, unless you count screaming.
So Ryan got his Wii for Christmas, as did Derek and Amy and Chad! Santa must have had a whole army of elves out looking for all those. I must admit, it is more fun than any previous 'game system' I have come in contact with. Even Kian gets into it.
Cate got her first American Girl doll, Kit. She quickly renamed her Emily and loves her. Kian got a tricycle and a wagon.
I got my lemon tree...much to Cate's surprise. I also got an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid so that will be fun! We got loads of other fun things too.
Luckily for us, Ryan's birthday was the 29th so my parents bought us a new digital camera for his birthday (even though I probably use it more than he does). And just for the record, Ryan scored with about 4 "birthday dinners" this year. They included Chinese food with his family and then a fondue night with his family and Round Table pizza with my family and then BBQ'd tri-tip with my family. Not to mention we had to go to Red Robin to use his 2-for-1 birthday coupon.
With a little help from my flu I only gained a half pound in December--which is okay since I am prego in case anyone forgot.
So, December was a whirlwind of our anniversary, various Christmas celebrations, Ryan's birthday and then New Years. Cate is so funny. She doens't want Christmas to end so she is trying to come up with a way to make a magical wand and snowflake to make Christmas last longer.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season too!

No comments: