I turned 29 on the 9th of October (for real, I was born in 1979). So here are some birthday reflections-a little late because I have been so busy.
I consider this my last golden year. Any suggestions on things I should do before I am thirty? I find myself concerned with getting enough fiber, enough life insurance on Ryan and always on the look-out for the inevitable gray hair. Ryan has two and he is quite proud (it's distinguished for a man). I suppose I should be setting some goal like "I'm going to run a marathon", or something. Well you're reading the wrong blog for that kind of declaration!
So here are some stats.
- I have known Ryan for almost half my life (had a crush on, dated, engaged, etc.).
- I have been married to Ryan for nearly 1/3 of my life. Boy, he didn't know what he was getting into! Although, I didn't know I was marrying a geek...
- I have been pregnant for no less than 27 months since then. And, consequently, have birthed three children. And, to answer my relatives' questions, we cannot figure out why this keeps happening.
- I love my job as a Mom, even on the worst day of being a Mom I would not trade it to do anything else. Unless Dove would like me to be their new 'real beauty' model. Ha ha ha.
- Overall, my life and family are so much better (economic crisis aside) than I could have ever planned. I have so many blessings to be thankful for.
Cate got me this ornament for my birthday, she thought of it all on her own. So stinking sweet! It says Angel of Chocolate at the top.


1 comment:
I was reading a magazine the other day and it said something like 30 is the new 20. So really, you're only turning 19.
And the next time Jack is in town, we'll have to plan on making a double date out of it.
Post a Comment