Sunday, July 5, 2009

I've got three free kids

Er, that is, I have three kids and they are free!
What a great country we live in. I often wonder what it would be like to live in a country where we didn't have the freedom to speak our minds, practice our chosen religions or vote for our leaders. It seems miserable, scary and depressing to me. I am so grateful for all the men and women who have made this possible and continue to volunteer to defend our freedom. I love America!

We had an uneventful 4th...we cleaned up around the house. Oh, I made delicious buttermilk pancakes for breakfast (mine were plain--everyone else had chocolate chip). I cut Ryan's hair (without any accidental nicks this time, thank you). We had Weinerdude for lunch (Saturday ritual or Cate's head would explode). Ryan helped Staci move. Kian and I made chocolate chip cookies (he's my Kitchen-Aid operator). Then we had barbecued dogs and sausages at my parentals while the kids swam in the spa.
We skipped the fireworks (how boring do we get? you have no idea!) because we would rather pluck out nose hairs than keep Kian out past 7pm.

Hope you had a great holiday!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lindi said...

very cute outfits and i love your background page right now.