For my Dad's birthday last week we took a trip to the redwoods, Henry Cowell State Park in Santa Cruz. The weather was absolutely perfect. We had a great picnic, thanks to my Mom. The kids thoroughly enjoyed being in the woods and covered with dirt (yes, I let them get good and dirty).
We enjoyed a little nature walk and had way too much fun taking pictures and generally being in the way of those behind us. At the end of the walk we came to the Fremont Tree. We all got to go inside the Fremont Tree, yes--inside! At the same time!
I had Ryan record all 15 or so of us coming out but in a fit of careless deleting I accidentally deleted that video off the new camera, I guess we'll have to go back at some point. I guess the tree has been used for various things over the years, including a Honeymoon Suite. Nothing says romance like spending time in a tree hollow.
The Fremont Tree, Felton CA.



No comments:
Post a Comment