Yes, it has happened. I have exited my 20's. Now I will only be considered young should something tragic happen to me...
I spent my birthday in the Happiest Place on Earth and it didn't even hurt to turn thirty! In fact, I am pretty sure I still feel 29.
I got into Disneyland for FREE and got to wear a birthday button. I had no less than 36 birthday wishes from park employees and visitors alike, one "cast member" even strummed happy birthday to me on his banjo.
I could get used to this kind of attention.
The worst part of my day was when I realized the hotel we were staying at didn't have a blow dryer and no one was at the front desk to help me! Luckily, my spirits were so high to be going into Disneyland with no children that I didn't let it annoy me too much.
We started the day off with a delicious breakfast on Main Street at Carnation Cafe. Details of the meal can be found in the photo collage. Ryan's selection makes my teeth hurt and my stomach churn to think about. What a nice quiet meal. No kids!
My really special treat was lunch at the Blue Bayou (that's the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean). I had the crab cakes and Ryan had the short ribs...c'est bonne!
I think this was the first trip we have ever taken where we didn't step foot in Fantasyland, no not once.
We enjoyed the Haunted Mansion Holiday, as usual, and also went on 'Ghost Galaxy'-the Halloween version of Space Mountain. It was freaky, definitely would scare the pants off of kids. We got to go on Indiana Jones together-rare.
Ryan and I found ourselves quite tired and a little bored in the afternoon so we went to the movies. Time seems to move very slowly without the kids around, weird. Dealing with kids seems to speed everything up.
I blame them for me being thirty already.
Oh yes, another highlight of my day was receiving a phone call from one Benji Schwimmer (of So You Think You Can Dance fame), thanks John!!!
Ryan and I had a great trip, thanks Mom for watching the kiddos. Hope you'll do it again someday (we'll give you some time to recover).



3 comments:
Ryan's breakfast makes me drool! That sounds absolutely heavenly! What a great way to spend your birthday :o)
Happy Birthday! What a fun trip. Love kids, but isn't it amazing how much easier life is without them?
Happy Birthday! I live right around the corner, see you all the time and didn't even know it was your special day. I should pay more attention to those RS newsletters.....someone puts a lot of time into those ;) Sounds like you had a great day. I'll be joining you soon in 30-land.....remember 40 is the new 20, so that makes us like..... pre-teens?! What...oh well, happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment