Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of school


My little Cate is off to school! And I am not even emotional about it! I was so excited Cate got the teacher that we were hoping for, her classroom is so cute.

It is very similar to Cate's preschool classroom so that makes for a good transition.

The first words out of Cate's mouth when she saw me after school were "My day was horrible, I don't like this place, it wasn't even fun", said with much attitude.

But as the day has gone on and we reflected about what actually happened at school she has concluded that she likes it and wants to go back.

The terrible things that happened were:

  • the teacher only helped her a little bit with a difficult puzzle
  • she didn't want to clean up
  • she thought it was too hot at recess to play
  • lunch was too long
  • and she didn't see why they had to all line up to follow the teacher.

I can't imagine a more terrible day myself!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

She is hilarious. Sounds a lot like her mom. Except you would need a long lunch to eat, since it takes you 5 hours to eat one meal. She is so big. What happened to home school?

Mandy said...

She is so hilarious. She sounds just like you except the lunch being to long. You would need two lunches to get yours all eaten. What happened to home schooling?