Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What's up

Millie is 4 months old now. She had her 4-month check-up and only weighed 11 lbs 10 oz. This seems especially small considering there was a 12 lb 12 oz baby born in our ward last year! She can roll over now and it is keeping her up at night because she keeps rolling over or trying to roll over and her body can't settle down. I can't seem to get a picture of her smiling (Cate got this one of her smiling) but her temperament is very sweet and usually calm and happy.
Congratulations to Brittany for getting her wings! I am guessing they don't look like these wings, but these are prettier than boring old aviation wings. Look for her in the skies above Washington, DC.

My parents are currently acting like they are retired or something. The nerve, what about my babysitting and yard services? They are driving Brittany's VW bug cross-country. My Mom is feeling pretty spontaneous--even signing a few emails 'Spontane', so I hear. Today they are crossing the most lovely part of the US, Wyoming and Nebraska.

Kian had a hard time falling asleep last night without Daddy putting him to bed. When he came out of bed I carried him back telling him it was night-night time and he started pleading "Nice, nice, nice" as if he was being put back in a time-out. I gave him some of his favorite train books and that seemed to do the trick. There are all sorts of inherited genes here, love of trains from my Dad, falling asleep while reading from Ryan's dad and books in bed from Ryan.

It's been a while since I have updated anyone on our backyard. Here is phase 73. We finally got lawn. The depressing part-this lawn area is roughly the size of our entire house.
I am thrilled to see green back there now and all of a sudden we have butterflies, dragonflies and an array of birds pulling worms out of the lawn. I can't wait to get lemons from my lemon tree and fruit next year from our 'fruit salad tree'- it grows apricots, nectarines and plums!

Everyone give Ryan a hearty pat on the back. He was recently promoted to Senior Animator at the ripe old age of thirty.
(Ryan, do you know who this photo is of?)



4 comments:

Ryan Goldsberry said...

It's Ollie Johnston, of course! One of the Disney's great "Nine Old Men." Come on, challenge me! As a side not, if we ever do have another kids, and it happens to be a boy, I like the name Ollie.

Mandy said...

Your backyard is looking great. Your family is growing so fast. Are we really getting that old? Did I send you an invite to my blog? If not send me your email again and I will.

Melinda B. said...

Congratulations to Ryan, one step closer to taking over the world, or at least the silver screen!

So cute to see Millie looking more like her siblings.

dastew said...

Wow Ryan that's you as Senior Animator? You might be under too much stress at work....