I have been wanting to visit the new Academy of Sciences in San Francisco and we got tickets for Christmas so we got up early Saturday and set out for the museum. We got there early, but not early enough, I guess. It was so crowded! We saw as much as we could with the hoards of people there and then we left. We had a nice picnic lunch outside (thank you winter heat spell!) before we left. We didn't take many pictures because we were constantly battling the crowds and trying to keep track of three kids and a double stroller. Also interesting--people will not make room for a stroller but they occassionally will for a person, strange. I know all you people who do not take a double stroller everywhere with you are thinking "I hate strollers!" But I promise I am as un-obnoxious as I possibly can be.
Cate was most excited to see the T-Rex skeleton like from Night at the Museum--this one wasn't quite big enough to impress her. She had also watched Journey to the Center of the Earth the night before so she was super excited when we saw things that reminded her of that movie, like tiny venus fly traps. They also got excited about the fish that looked like they were from Finding Nemo. Who needs things like museums when we have movies to educate and culture our children, I ask you?
In the African Hall there were lots of diarama type windows like this with 'stuffed' animals inside, Kian was just staring at each window and I thought 'Wow, he is really into these animals!' Then Kian commented that they were not moving and he was waiting for them to move...sorry kid, these animals won't be moving. What a let-down for him. I guess we better go to the zoo soon.

2 comments:
That lookls like so much fun! I wish we had a place like that out here. My kids would love it.
Times like these make me wish we lived closer so our kids could enjoy these things together! And also so that I would have more to do with my children besides the new mcdonalds in pocatello....blah.
Post a Comment