Monday, April 13, 2009

Our mini-Millie is One!

Millie turned one last week! Yeah! We made it, maybe sleep will soon be drifting into our radar (hey, I can hope!). Millie is our little 16-pounder (she has fallen off the charts). Still pretty easy to carry around. She is ridonculously adorable as you can see, but has recently developed a scream that knocks her cute-factor down a few points. Seriously, this is the kind of scream that you expect to find broken glass laying around when you slip back into consciousness.
Millie started crawling a few weeks ago and then promptly decided she wanted more so she began pulling herself to standing. I am proud of her...except when she does it in the middle of the night and she will not ly herself back down. (Then I awake to the scream of a thousand banshees that is simply Millie trying to say "Help, I have stood up and I won't ly back down until you nurse me").
For Millie's party we hosted a Brazilian dinner at Ryan's grandparents house. Thank you Ryan for giving in to your wife's demands, a girl needs a coxinha every now and again. I was so good at delegating tasks for the party that I found myself with very little to do Saturday. We even went out and got Ryan a suit. Millie's birthday outfit is courtesy of Auntie Staci.
To kill two birds with one stone we had an Easter egg hunt while we were at it.
Happy Birthday to Millie!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Mmm...I agree with the coxinha statement. It's been way too long. I think I might just have to make those again.

Lindi said...

What a pretty girl. finally 1. wahoo!!

Unknown said...

when will I be receiving a nice warm coxinha in the mail? I feel deprived by my boring Idaho potato diet.