Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Best day ever


Cate absolutely loves the first grade. I didn't think anything would top Kindergarden for her but this does. She could not wait Monday afternoon until she got to go back on Tuesday, she was wishing she had something like a "time turner" (from Harry Potter) so she could speed up time.

I don't remember ever being that excited about school. Maybe if I had a crush on someone...but even then I am pretty sure I would have preferred not to go to school! Cate has six kids from her class last year in her class this year--although she makes friends so quickly and eagerly that I don't think it would have mattered. Such a difference from her shy mother who never spoke in school unless forced.

Kian starts preschool on the 10th, I am sure he will LOVE it. It's only five hours a week but it will be great for both of us. It's been fun to see Kian and Millie trying to figure out what to do without Cate directing everything around here. Millie has very little patience with Kian and she screams and throws a little fit whenever he comes over to help her. She's a little firecracker!

In other terrible news: my camera broke! It is crippling to be without a camera. So we are researching cameras if anyone has a great camera that they would reccommend. I am looking to upgrade.

2 comments:

roylancemommy said...

She is so cute. I was the primary chorister substitute and she just cracked me up....totally talked my ear off. So glad she makes friends and enjoys school. I think the boys are more nervous and shy!

Lindi said...

Super cute! i bet she was thrilled as can be.