
We spent five wonderful days at Grams and Papa's cabin this month. Definitely wish we could have stayed longer!
There was no shortage of entertainment; we had tournaments consisting of table tennis, darts, and badminton, to name a few. Ryan and Kelli dominated in most events...and I'm not just talking about the trash-talk. We, of course, had boys versus girls board game competitions, I don't think any blood was drawn this time. I would love to say that the girls won...but Tawni just had to get back to Utah and abandoned us.
We went to the lake and picnicked and jet-skied and enjoyed the beautiful sunlight. Took some nice walks, got ice cream from Strawberry Lodge (a few times), and most of all enjoyed each others company. Now if only Millie would have allowed us to sleep in the nice comfy bed in the same room as her the trip would have been just about perfect...anyone else have freaky babies that can sense you just peeking at them through a crack in the door?
How can I forget to mention all the food? I got to enjoy cooking and baking...without the kids crying at me (they are sure to direct all crying to Ryan when he is around ;-)
A short list: buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes, paula deen's french toast casserole, monkey bread, chiptole chili, sausage and zucchini creole kabobs, panini's, John's enchiladas, Amy's s'mores brownies...I could go on.
Cate had a bad fall going down the hill on a bike. She got road rash from the cheek down to the feet, with a really nasty bulging bruise on her side. Whenever Cate gets hurt or sick, it's traumatic for everyone around her.
Millie started walking the last day we were there, I am still excited every time I see her walk. Still just a mini 17 pounder!


No comments:
Post a Comment