Friday, March 12, 2010

Let the parties begin

Hmmm, what should we do with Ryan's "comp" days? Duh, what else would we do? Disneyland, of course.
Kian finally reached the magical height of 40 inches, which granted him access to a whole new set of rides--only imagined in his wildest dreams. He loved Star Tours and Thunder Mountain.
I tried [really hard] to get out of doing a party for Cate. I don't like being in charge of entertaining a bunch of kids. Not my forte.
So I proposed to Cate that we do an ice cream/movie party. All I had to do was decorate, put the food out, turn on a movie. Voila! Party time! Minimal involvement!
We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, I made popcorn and cupcakes (delicious cupcakes) and they each made their own sundaes. I decorated by cutting out large food items-hamburger, pizza slice, hot dog, etc.-and sticking them all around the room like they were falling from the sky.
Cate thoroughly enjoyed it, she got lots of presents--yet another reason to avoid parties!
But I feel pretty clever for a simple idea and easy execution.
Now I prepare for Kian's party coming up in a week, followed by my sister's bridal the next weekend...I might just start my own business after all this fuss.


No comments: