Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My mega-morphosis

'I like 'em big,
I like 'em chunky.
I like 'em round,
with somethin' somethin'.'

So, five months into this fourth pregnancy and I must say--I'm quite large! Well, larger than I am used to being at this point. And it scares me. A lot.
Ryan said last month, "Wow, you are like as big as you were with Millie full term!"
I refer to my rapid growth rate as my Mega-morphosis. Cate is sure to point out to me almost daily how big my baby is getting. Golly, I hope I am not having a 16 pound baby.
I can't believe I still have almost four months of growing to do. Scary.
I probably wouldn't be quite so concerned if not for a certain wedding I have to be in at the end of April...pictures that will haunt me forever...

The weather the past couple days has been gorgeous, I can actually open the back door without our heater coming on, yay!!
The kids get to play outside. Yay again!
Cate and Kian made these 'nature collages' today from stuff gathered in our lovely overgrown backyard. Their conversation with each other that I could over hear from the kitchen was tooth-achingly sweet! Where did they get such sweetness from? Certainly not from dear old mum.

Kian: "Cate, I miss you when you are at school."
Cate: "I miss you too! I can't wait to come home and see you. I draw pictures of you at school and Millie."
Cate: "Kian, did you go to school today?"
Kian: "Uhhh, yeah!"
Cate: "What did you do today at school?"
Kian: "I don't remember."
Cate: "How can you not remember, it was just a little while ago." [pause] "That's okay, sometimes I forget what I did at school, too."

Anyway, I could go on. You get the idea. Why aren't sibling interactions always so adorable?

Millie and Cate were laying together and when I got the camera out, Kian wanted in on the action. Cate is usually such a good sport and patient big sister.


While I was in the shower...
Cate colored Millie's face, and then blamed Millie when asked what on earth was going on while I was in the bathroom. But then she slipped and said that she enjoyed coloring on Millie's face. I thought maybe Millie had an emerging talent.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

1) You aren't huge unless you've tripled in size since March 7th. You look great!

2) What a sweet conversation.

3) Millie's hair is adorable.