Monday, March 29, 2010

Kian is four!

We had a big party at the park for Kian's birthday this year. We actually did the same thing last year, too. The weather was so beautiful, some of us even got a little pink (no sunscreen).
I talked Ryan into doing Brazilian food (for my own selfish indulgence), but in my defense I did all the food prep for him, so it was a little like a cooking show, although assembling the coxinhas takes a REALLY long time. But they were a big hit! Thanks sweetie!
I got the idea for Kian to register at a local toy store for his birthday--just for fun--and he ended up getting everything in his bucket!!!
There was an obscene mountain of presents for him to open. But he pushed through and opened them all and loved every single thing. I thought maybe he would get a few things out of his bucket. Needless to say, he is SET until Christmas. I am so glad that I only got him clothes.
I made my [almost famous] double chocolate cupcakes but the dinosaur sugar cookies flew off the plate fast. We've been eating a lot of cupcakes around here...
I didn't do much for games, I brought a huge box of sidewalk chalk for the kids to color the park (hopefully legal) and then we buried a bunch of dinosaur skeletons in the sandbox and let the kids dig them up. Simple, but it turned out great.
Kian is excited to be four, he really thinks he is big stuff now. I also see glimpses of him coming out of his terrible twos and threes. Just in time for Millie to go sour...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: