Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Last Straw...

Oh sure, she looks sweet and innocent, right? After enduring 9 months of being pregnant and then giving birth without any drugs now I have to give up dairy for a year! Poor little lactose intolerant Millie. She seems to get a stomach ache and then drenches me (and everything in her path) in spit-up whenever I drink milk. Ryan did receive one blast right before we were heading out the door for church Sunday. We were a little late after that.
I am the last person I ever thought would be drinking Silk (soymilk). And it isn't that great, by the way. Next I will try rice milk and almond milk.
I guess she is worth it...my new ice cream maker I got for Christmas will have to wait.

5 comments:

dastew said...

At you don't have to put her on Nuetramogen. I hear that stuff requires a second mortgage to pay for. I highly recommend that you get a milk goat. Always worked for us, but then again I'm a country boy.

Jen said...

I feel your pain, Amelia was the same way. Have you tried Vanilla or Chocolate flavored soymilk yet? That is pretty good.

Kimberly said...

At least you can make sorbet with the ice cream maker :o)

Kristi said...

I will have to pass on goat milk, I tried goat yogurt and gagged! I did buy the chocolate soymilk, it tastes kind of odd but it is mostly the mental aspect of "I am drinking soybeans!"

Unknown said...

She is an angel! Kristi, I'll be bothering you with a phone call soon!