Monday, July 7, 2008

From Dubba-dees to Gastronomy

I guess we are among those parents who just can't bring themselves to wean their child off of the pacifier. In fact, we encourage Kian to use them in excess. Kian even coined his own word for the pacifier before he started saying anything else, "dubba-dee." Look for it in Webster's 137th Edition.
Ryan's Uncle Brian and Aunt Christy came for a visit from Utah over 4th of July. The kids had crazy fun together. We went to Tilden Park in Berkeley on Saturday and rode the little steam train (my camera died so no pics). Ryan found this online...a bacon cheeseburger served up on a Krispy Kreme donut. Ryan asked if we could make these sometime when we are feeling especially unhealthy...unfortunately, the photo nauseates me so it's going to be a 'no' from me.

6 comments:

Wife of dastew said...

I really like bacon cheeseburgers and and really like Krispy Kreme donuts but I don't think I'd like the two together. Why not just have a bacon cheeseburger and then a donut for dessert?

Lindi said...

That looks foul!!! fun to have the cousins in town

Alex McMurray said...

Hi~ I'm LaVor's wife's sister, Kari. :) Both of my kids used or are using pacifers and we've had some interesting names for them as well. Claire's was "gubuckabee" and Will calls his "bollubolub." I think at one point one of them called it something very close to dubba dee. Claire was 2 1/2 when we took hers away and Will just turned 2 and he still has his. Long live the Binky!

Kimberly said...

I love Cate's cherry swimsuit! Kian and my nephew, Will, must be related. They both say dubbadee. I'm wondering if it's a generation thing...like rad or fresh.

The Bradley's said...

that is one of the nastiest things I have ever seen. I am surprised they don't have them at fairs.

dastew said...

I'm impressed that Ryan even asked permission. I'd just have made them and be darned the consequences. And Carolyn would have laughed at me when they made me sick. Sadly we have no Krispy kremes up here. Stupid Atkins diet.