Thursday, November 13, 2008

By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea

Some friends of ours invited us to their beach house last weekend. Oh what fun! The house was just perfect for a get-away. They gave us the master bedroom (which was about the size of our house) on account of our unruly brood. Just kidding, maybe.
Anyway, the first morning I was awoken rather early by Millie and looked out the window to find a pod of dolphins passing by. Isn't that cool?
I am not sure why we seem to only go to the beach in the off-season, but the weather was wonderful regardless.
And guess what? Kian had an ear infection all weekend. I know, shocking. So he didn't get to play his little heart out but such is our traveling luck.
Ryan, Millie and Huck
Cate letting me have fun, after a little guilt trip
Cate trying her hand at roasting marshmallows for S'mores.
Cate practicing her 'sand'writing...yes, I am always this corny.
Kid play (one of the only pictures I got with Max-how did that happen?)
Kian, Jack, Cate and Dylan
Yippee! S'mores!
I love to laugh. And, yes, my hair does always stick up.
A gross find
Cate and Dylan
Cate and Jack decided to be best buds, even though he isn't quite four.
I think this picture is so cute, it reminds Ryan of 'Wilson' the neighbor from Home Improvement.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Are you trying to send me into a spiral depression. The only thing I miss about California, and you are rubbing it in my face that you are there in November. I think I have to go curl myself in the fetal position now.

Kristi said...

Yes, it is all a grand plan to make you regret moving to IDAHO!

Unknown said...

I love those precious pictures! I am so sad that I have missed all those precious moments getting to know your kids! We have to plan a get together when you are out here, or vice versa.