Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Singing cowboys

A Christmas staple in our house is Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's "Once upon a Christmas". Ryan and I both grew up with our parents listening to this CD. What's that you say? Too early to be listening to Christmas music? Let me explain...when Ryan and I first got married Ryan wanted to break out the Christmas tunes in September. I have since pushed that back to mid-November. So we have knocked off two months in approximately nine years. It's progress!
Anyway, a song from the aforementioned album came on in the car today and Cate said, "This sounds like cowboys are singing." I had a good laugh about that comment. Ryan and I have always been staunchly opposed to country music. Thus Cate has not been exposed to country music. So how could she tell that cowboys were singing? It was funny to me.

My sister Brittany works as a flight attendant and is based out of the Dulles airport in Virginia. I guess she has had some FBI, air marshalls and other federal agents on her flights. When they board they give her a note stating they are carrying a gun and they also do this with the Captain. So the other day some federal agents boarded and gave her the note, talked to the Captain and found their seats. The Captain turned to Brittany and said "Those guys are Secret Service". To which my sister replied, "What's Secret Service?" So he explained who the secret service are to her. (I'm sure there must be some teeny-bop movie that has secret service, how did Brittany miss this?)
Anyhow, I guess you can say that the secret is safe with her!


No comments: