Of course Kian wanted to roll down the hill in Punahou after seeing his Daddy do it (that video isn't all that captivating, it's just Ryan rolling down a hill) but as you can see from this video, our little Kian was not blessed with grace or coordination. He really picks up momentum at the bottom of the hill. I realize it is not good to point out to your kids that they are not good at something or have "failed" so please don't mention this post to him until he is older and has enough self-esteem to laugh at this...much like his father before him in his infamous 'chubby boy with a lisp, a mullet and an attitude' video-I'll post that when it gets converted from VHS for posterity.
I also have to mention another highlight of our trip to Oahu. Not that seeing Sawyer wasn't fulfilling enough to last a good month (by the by, why is no one insanely jealous that we saw him? I want to see anguish in someone's face), but I experienced something in Sacrament meeting that I never before had and probably never will again. We happened to be visiting on the very Sunday that Jeremie was giving a talk in Sacrament meeting. Melinda, Ryan and I were sitting there trying to keep the six kids reasonably reverent when all of a sudden and without warning the word "suckier" came spewing out of Jeremie's mouth from the pulpit and reverberated off the shocked congregation. Jeremie is the only person I know who could have gotten away with using a made-up cuss word and looked sophisticated (he wears nice suits) while doing it. He apologized to the Bishop after the meeting and the Bishop said, "Oh the Stake President loved your talk". Also, I think we had to say 'Aloha' about seven times during the course of Sacrament meeting. Doesn't that get old?

1 comment:
Maybe Kian needed a bigger hill?!?!! Sounds like church was very entertaining in Hawaii.
Post a Comment