Monday, February 23, 2009

They Grow Up So Fast


Cate turned six last Friday and lost her first tooth on the same day! What a coincidence! She has one loose on the top as well. The tooth fairy came and brought her a dollar. Any idea what the tooth fairy does with the old teeth? The whole thing makes me a bit squeamish, I must admit.
We had a party for Cate on Sunday with both sides of our family. Lots of yummy food and I made these cupcakes with homemade strawberry cream cheese frosting. They were divine if I do say so myself.
Cate got a couple of Wii games, a couple of dresses, couple of movies, some Target gift cards, a cupcake maker and other fun stuff.
Cate is a wonderful big sister that is always willing to help me with Millie. She is pretty much reading (like short words and her sight words), which surprises me every time she does it, she is a great student. Cate loves to sing and plays really well with her brother. Cate is always saying things that make us laugh, yesterday it was:
Cate: Wow, Millie's hair is getting longer!
Kristi: Yeah, just in the back though, she is getting a mullet.
Cate: What's a mullet?
Kristi: When your hair is longer in the back and shorter in the front.
Cate: Oh, that is like George Washington's!
There you have it, now we know the origin of the mullet. Our fore-fathers were trendsetters.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

My niece woke up with her first loose tooth on Saturday. She's convinced that the tooth fairy is going to give her some crazy trillion dollar amount. Someone lied to her. Your cupcakes look delicious.

Mandy said...

You are so old! I still laugh everytime I se Kian's picture on the left. Did you have fun in Hawaii, gosh why do you guys get to travel so much, my life is so lame.

Julie said...

Your kids say the funniest things! I am going to have to make those cupcakes, yum!

Unknown said...

Listen! I sent my lil Cate a very funny e-card and never received a response from her....did you even show it to her?? Or are you censoring her from her awesome aunt Tawni?

oh, and p.s.-Christy G. commented on your 'sawyer sighting' last Sunday and family dinner and was excited about it. So there is your jealous person. Sorry, but I have no idea who he is so can't really relate....but sell your pic to TMZ:)