Monday, February 2, 2009

The Tale of the Broken Rib

I've decided to explore the art of story-telling through a series of unrelated images (below) and hopefully enhance your Goldsberry blog viewing.
As some of you may or may not know, or care, I recently cracked or broke a rib (ribcage pictured lower right). How you ask? Please refer to the images below as I tell my story.
Our friends (the Auble's) invited us over to watch the season premier of Lost. Sounds fun, right? Ryan and I were trying to share a LoveSac (pictured top left); the key to sharing a LoveSac we were told is to both stand up and fall back into it at the same time, so we did. And when Ryan and I landed in the LoveSac there was a collision and I felt a "CRACK" (or 'Ka-pow' pictured lower left). Ryan now refers to himself as "The Wrecking Ball" (pictured top right) and I have been in pain whenver I try to bend, lay, exert force (you know, wiping up spills, spanking kids-the norm) for over a week now. Anyway, that is the tale of the broken rib. I don't know what the moral of the story is, either don't share a LoveSac with a wrekcing ball or don't watch Lost.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, no. I hope it gets better! I must say I loved the post though- it was pretty hilarious with the descriptions and pictures.....:)

dastew said...

I hope you're milking this for all the presents in the world. Honestly he broke your rib?? That's awesome. Did they kick him out of the room when you went to the hospital and ask "how you really did it"?

Karyn said...

oh! you poor thing... I lived the illustrations.

Lindi said...

So sorry! i guess it is the price to pay to watch the season opening of LOST