Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oahu, Days 1,2 & 3

Our fun little trip started out with a bang when our airplane was grounded with 'technical difficulties' for six hours. I have never been stuck at an airport that long, or spent that long with three kids in an airport! I only packed enough food, diapers, toys and games for a seven hour period and we had to survive over twelve hours. I don't reccommend this. Needless to say we were exhausted by the time we got to our friends house. The Brecheisen's were nice enough to let us stay with them this week.
Day two was mostly uneventful, some relaxing and some food shopping, a walk to a park to climb in a Banyan tree. I'll post pictures when we get home, I didn't bring my cord. Ryan and I got our first, but definitely not last, plate lunch while we are here. Carb lovers paradise.
Day three has been almost as much fun as day one. We were planning to go to the swap meet and then to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Upon arriving at the swap meet we were promptly rear-ended while paying to park. Luckily there was no damage to our rented car (that we did not purchase extra insurance for--you never need it right?) and simultaneously Melinda informs me on the phone that Cate is throwing up in her car. Fantastic!
So we stayed at the swap meet long enough to get the kids some ukuleles and a Mallassada (it's a portuguese donut-I've never been one to discriminate when it comes to donuts).
After that we have spent most the day in the house, now the kids are out catching geckos with Ryan and I am doing laundry and writing a blog post...but at least I am warm while doing all these things!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

He does get to go. But you're a lucky dog too! You're in Hawaii!

Melinda B. said...

If you are going to get hit by a car and have a vomitous daughter, you might as well be in Hawaii for it. We LOVED having you. I hope you aren't too traumatized.