Monday, June 15, 2009

Last day of Kindergarten

Cate is so upset that Kindergarten is over. She will miss Mrs. Holley so much. Cate has learned so much this year, I have actually been surprised. She can read to me, write her own books, tell me what time it is and she can also explain what a 'line of symmetry' is. What? Did I learn that in Kindergarten? Think how much further I would be in life right now had I understood lines of symmetry twenty-five years ago.
I am so proud of Cate for getting the Good Citizen Award in her class. There was a little ceremony and she got a patriotic looking pin.
The last day of school was a big party with a picnic outside (and we didn't follow the calorie guidelines, shhhhh!). We had pizza, fruit, juice, sundaes, neopolitan ice cream, Klondike bars, cookies...did I miss anything?
There was a bubble machine, frisbees, bikes...the kids had a lot of fun. I am glad I was able to be there. Now...how do parents keep their sanity during the summer? Tips, suggestions...group therapy times? Anything you got would be wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: